Monday, March 1, 2010

"Excuse me, Miss. . . Do you have this in a size 4?!?!"

I have never in my life uttered those words. . . UNTIL YESTERDAY!!! At 5'8" tall, I've never in my life (since I WAS 4!) worn a size 4 but yesterday I went shopping for new work pants and the 6's were just too big! I was actually giggling to myself in the dressing room and crying tears of JOY! No, not really crying, but pretty Freaking excited!

I'm still doing all the crazy things to maintain my weight loss but have not been intentionally trying to lose more weight. I was happy to be a size 6. But I was still working hard to maintain that- maybe a little too hard!

Also- I wanted to just talk for a second about hormones. The more and more I read and learn about hormones, the more I realize how much they play a huge part in weight loss & overall health and well being. About 3 weeks ago I went to see my doctor- During an evaluation in her office she asked me some personal questions & recommended that I use prescription strength testosterone for my energy and sex drive. And I've really noticed a difference already! She also put me on progesterone for the 2nd 1/2 of my cycle to help with PMS. So far, so good! : )

So alas- yet another thing that I deal with. . . . outta' control hormones. But I feel I'm one step closer to feeling my BEST!

2 comments:

  1. I've gotta say you are a big inspiration for me. I'm also a 5'8" girl and am going to a place for a consultation tomorrow with hopes of starting my own hcg journey....
    Since it's been a few months since your last update, I was wondering how your maintaining has been going.
    My biggest concern is gaining it all back once it's all over ya know? I'll fight off all the craving like a crazy person, but I worry about when it comes time to add foods back in.
    Congrats on all your amazing hard work!! I'm so happy to hear about your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have not been very good at keeping my blog updated. I don't seem to get a lot of comments, so I tend to lose motivation to blog. But as far as the weight loss has gone, I have been able to maintain my loss for the last 2+ years. I'm not going to sit here and tell you it was easy- it's NOT. I am very aware of my calorie intake and I am a little bit of a gym rat. I have mixed feelings about the HCG diet in general. there is no doubt that it works, however, I feel like you have to work just as hard (maybe even harder) to maintain the loss than if you had just lost it the good ol'fashion diet/exercise route. Sooo... I'm interested to see how you are doing on it and I'm sorrry it took me so long to reply! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete