Monday, April 13, 2009

Raw, Raw, Raw!

Helllooooo! After a weekend full of Easter goodies I am back on the wagon. I am toying with the idea of "going raw" for a few days. Meaning only RAW fruits & veggies & nuts. However, I don't know how I would get enough protein. I workout pretty hard and try to get about 100-120 grams of protein a day and just don't find the feasible on the "raw" plan... I would be a good cleansing diet so maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about the protein- how much could it hurt for a week or so?...
I had a GREAT workout this morning! Quads & Gluts & Abs and HIIT... This week I am on 8's. Meaning I do 4 sets of 8 reps PER exercise followed by 4-5 minuets of "burn out" at a lighter weight. For example- I started with seated leg extensions at 115 lbs. 8 reps (w/"baby pulses" at the end of each set) and then dropped the weight to 40 lbs and burned them out for 4-5 minutes... Oweeeeee! Then seated squats: weight 175 lbs again, 4 x 8 reps w/babies and burn out... Yeikes! Then the booty buster machine- (not sure what it's really called) w/weight of 90 lbs I think. And again- babies and burnout. Then I did 5 minutes of ball/wall squats on the bosu ball and lastly, I held a 10 lbs ball and did squat/crunches on the bosu ball- you sit down on the bosu, go back into a crunch, return to standing position all while holding the ball. Killer! After that I did some abs and then I did HITT for 10 minutes on the bike. I would have liked to do 20 but DH had to get to work so I had to hurry... 30 second sprints w/1 minute recover for 10 minutes. Really got my H/R up! And judging by my STANK i got a GREAT workout!
Eating plan for today: No Sugar/No starches... high protein. If I decide to "go raw" for a few days I'll have to take a trip to the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment