Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hello, Hello!

Hey- HCGers! I'm so sorry that I've been MIA~ life is just crazy busy! I am still here and alive. I don't really have much to "report" as far as HCG goes. I finished phase II in Feb and have just been maintaining in p3 ever since. I don't weigh but feel I have, for the most part, stayed the same. I'm certain I've put on a few lbs from my lowest weight but I was so much lower than my body is "comfortable" that I knew that was inevitable. You can only fight your body so much.

I get up every morning at 6 and go to the gym to lift weights. And I recently started running in the evenings to train for a 180 mile relay race but a stress fracture in my foot has stalled those plans. It hurts so bad! Even to walk- so I'm just sticking w/the weights for now.

And as far as the diet goes I'm still doing the L/C thing. No sugar & No starches. I do allow myself a "treat" on the weekend as I am just trying to maintain and build strength & get toned now. Last night I had mexican food! And some of my daughters b-day cake. Yummers!

OH- I also found out last week that I have PCOS (polycistic ovarian syndrome) which sucks- BIG TIME! But hopefully now that I know what's "wrong" with me I can be more proactive to fix/control it. The doc has put me on metformin to help regulate my insulin levels which in turn regulates my hormones. Which, you should know- have been outta control lately! So I'm looking forward to feeling a little better as far as that goes. A fantastic side effect of metformin? weight loss and hunger suppression. BONUS! So maybe that will help even things out...

I have been recently toying with what might be a crazy idea... I would really like to get certified to be a personal trainer. I would like to specialize in training/motivating young teen girls that are struggling with their weight. I was an overweight teen and made so many poor choices when it came to diet/weight loss. I wish I would have had somebody to teach me how to be healthy! It will most likely not be something that I will do anytime soon as I already feel stretched pretty thin- but maybe once my youngest baby is in school I can look into it further...

Well... Thanks for stopping by! Sorry I don't have anything more informative or exciting to report. Weight loss and even maintaining is a progress & a journey. . . stick with it. It will get easier. It will become a part of your life and your life will be better & longer because of it!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about people teaching you how to be healthy it is so hard but when you find the balance that works its great! I have a hard time with it I go back and forth from healthy to unhealthy it really has been hard for me over the past year I had a babe and have been trying to get back to my original weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh- It's so hard after you have a baby! huh! It's like you almost expect for the weight to just magically come off in the delivery room! That's only fare! It took me about 15 months to get all the weight off w/my 1st 2 babies but this time (and w/the help of HCG) I had it all off in 4! I was so happy! I think a lot of post-partum issues are related to "body image" too! It's such a double edge sword because on one hand I am so grateful for the amazing gift that my body gave me & on the other hand I'd be standing in my closet crying because none of my clothes fit my fat (no longer pregnant) body! So I hear ya, girl. Hang in there! you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete