Monday, April 20, 2009

Slacker!

You guyzzz- I'm such a slacker!!! No, not on my diet or workouts (ok, maybe a little on my diet) but on my BLOG! I just feel so BLAH about blogging lately. But things are going great. Still kickin' it! I have been a little bit of a slacker on my diet lately. Thursday night I got a visit from my obnoxious monthly friend and pretty much went to town on the kids' Easter candy. I ate ALL of their peanut butter M&Ms and cinnamon bunnys too. I was like a caged animal that was released into the wild! I swear- sometimes the monthly *B* just takes charge and I have NO say! But luckily it only last a short period- no pun intended. I'm back to my regular workout routines and eating habits. It's so crazy though how CRAPPY that junk food makes you feel. I really wanted to barf. I'm lying. It felt great! ; ) just can't let it happen often.

I've been trying to incorporate a little more cardio into my workouts lately. Today I did my regular Monday "quads/glutes & Abs" but in between sets I jumped on the bike and did 5 minute cardio bursts! it felt great! I'm lying. I wanted to barf. Just kidding, it wasn't that bad. I think people in general put too much stock in cardio and not enough on weights. In a perfect world you have time to do plenty of both- but let's get real, most of don't have time to have our legs much less spend hours at the gym. My ultimate goal at the gym is to train my muscles (lifting weights) so intensely that it gets my H/R up and causes me to break a sweat. 2 birds- one big fat sweaty stone! Do me a favor- next time you are at the gym, take a look around and answer me this- WHO has nicer body's: The people on the cardio equipment? Or the people in the weight room... I think you'll be surprised to see the people in the weight room are in better shape than the air suckers on the elliptical. Now, that's not to say that there is not a place in this world for cardio because chances are good the peeps in the weight room paid a visit to the cardio room a time or 2 but they get in there and they GET IT DONE! None of this meandering along on the tread mill for 60 mins a day. Boo!

Those are just my 2 cents for the day! But what the hell do I know! he he he!

3 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog since I started HCG last week. :( Anyway, thinking ahead, what are some websites that you ordered low carb food from? I want to make sure I am ready when the time comes. Thanks, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by! I totally know what you mean by your frowney face! That first week is KILLER!!! Headaches, feeling week & starving- ugh, I don't know if I could do it again... BUT hang in there- 'cause it's about to get SO GOOD!!! I really does get easier! I order most of my lowcarb food from: http://www.locarbu.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index
    They have CARBQUICK that is worth every penny! Makes the BEST pancakes I've ever had! I actually made up the recipe as the one they provide is a little on the fattening side (cream & butter) so I use egg whites and s/f hazelnut coffee mate- let me know if you want my recipe, I'd be happy to share. I haven't tried anything else with the carbquick- but they sure look good!
    Another thing that I get on their site is the s/f "chick-o-sticks!" Oh- I love them! I'm sorry to say that I've had 3 of them today. I get my s/f syrup at the grocery store- I like Mrs. Buttersworth the best (I've tried 'em all) & Heinz makes a low sugar ketchup. That's kind of hard to find but I get it at a local store. Another "staple" for me is Santa Fe Low Carb tortillas. Can't live without them. You can order those on the site or find them locally too. I like to slice those into "chips" and bake or broil them and make chips- dip them into salsa for a nummy snack! Look through my old posts too- I have a lot of good recipes (like l/c cheesecake) that are really good!
    GOOD LUCK! Stop by often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your help. I will go check out that site. I have read through your whole blog, so I totally remember your cheesecake. I told me husband just this weekend that I am going to make it when I am done with this! I would love your pancake recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete