Monday, September 21, 2009

are we failing because of our goals?


This morning while I was working out I had a thought come to my mind... Why do people (I) set goals? A goal seems so final. This promoted me to look up the word "goal" in the dictionary. And here is what I found.

GOAL: the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.

End? End... So, I asked myself. What happens once I reach my goal? I pictured in my mind a runner. A runner running in a marathon who's ultimate goal is to win the race. What does he do when he reaches the end?... He stops! I then began to ask myself- is this WHY so many people FAIL at weight loss? Not because they don't necessarily reach their goals but instead because once they reach their goal they stop? Do they stop trying? Did they "win" their race?. . .

I instead like the idea of making CHANGES and starting a challenge. By definition, Challenge means: a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc. By challenging ourselves we are talking our healthy lifestyles changes to the next level. To temporarily push yourself to a new ability. Challenge yourself to change the way you are living forever. You will never fail again.

Don't set goals. Make Changes. A Goal has an end. A Change is forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment