Thursday, September 3, 2009

POW3R P@NCAKE$! SO GOOOOOODD!!


A few years ago my personal trainer gave me this recipe and I have tweaked it a bit & enjoyed it many many times through out the years! Here it is!


5 egg whites

1/4 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese

1/2 Cup Oatmeal


*1 TBLS Sugar free Hazelnut Coffee mate liquid (I've tried the s/f caramel vanilla but didn't like it as much as the Hazelnut)

*a few dashes of cinnamon (I like a LOT!)

*a few drops of Stevia sweetener

*a dash of nutmeg

*a couple drops of almond extract (or coconut is good too if you're into coconut)

*a few small slices of banana (maybe 1/4- 1/3 a banana)


*= optional


Mix all the ingredients in blender well (I use my magic bullet). Let the mixture sit for 5 or so minuets, this will cause it to thicken up! Poor onto a HOT skillet, just as you would regular pancakes. Cook side one until they begin to bubble & then flip (don't flip too soon)! Cook 2nds side. Spray with "I can't believe it's not butter!" and poor 1/4 cup sugar free syrup (I like Mrs. Buttersworth s/f) and ENJOY!!!
Makes about 8-10 medium sized pancakes! The pancakes will not be as "fluffy" as regular pancakes but they sure are tasty and they will stick with you for HOURS! Very satisfying! About 350 calories, & almost 30 grams of protein! Woot-Woot!!!

2 comments:

  1. I tried these this morning and they were really good! And even more good because they're healthy and give you the protein you need! But I did struggle getting 8-9 medium sized pancakes! I got about 4 medium ones and the last one was a little smaller than the rest! But they were delicious and my husband liked them too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Janeen! Thanks for the comment! if you felt like they were thick enough You could try adding a little water (like a tablespoon or so) & that might get you a couple more cakes! : )

    ReplyDelete