Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Answers for you, Lisa Loo!

Lisa, You are doing great!!! I can't imagine 6 pregnancies! I've done this (gained/lost the weight) about 4 times in my life (3 pregnancies) and that is enough, huh!

I did NOT exercise while I was doing HCG other than doing Pilate's a couple times a week but nothing major- nothing compared to what I'm doing now. I didn't feel like I had the strength, you know? It's weird 'cause HCG gave me a lot of energy, but NOT strength- it's so hard to explain to people who are not on the diet! Especially because I felt really really good on the diet. And yes, I do feel like I lost muscle. Especially towards the end when I was down under my goal weight. But that was kind of my plan all along. Lose as MUCH weight as I can so that when I started working out and lifting weights again I wouldn't freak out about putting a few pounds back on (as long as it was lean muscle)! And even though I have only been back at it a couple weeks I can already tell that I'm toning up. My BFF who I workout with said she was really surprised at how fast I was able to get my strength back- I'm lifting what she's lifting now and she did a body building comp last fall so that's good. It does "come back!" And like I said, I'm not weighing now. Lifting weights and working out in the morning has put my metabolism into high gear and I am SO HUNGRY during the day so I am definitely eating more (still no sugars or starches) but really have not seen a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. Everything is still good.

I'll probably take my blog in a different direction now that I'm not doing HCG- and will probably not do it again anytime soon. Maybe turn it into a fitness/health/maintenance/strength training blog- that might be kinda fun!

Well, I'm off to the gym. Please let me know if you have any other questions! I love "helping" people on the HCG diet! And I totally relate to how you are feeling. After Cambria was born (6 months ago) I felt like a stranger in my own body and was obsessed with getting the weight off! Even though I didn't feel that way when I was pg- I was a psycho about it afterwards. I totally relate.

Hang in there, girl! You are ALMOST DONE!!! How has the weight loss been coming? Is it still consistent? Are you still losing? Let me know! I love to watch peoples progress! You'll be eating your own carbquick pancakes soon enough and the hunger will be a thing of the past! ; ) Good luck and keep me posted!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just came across your blog. I am having a super hard time on maintenance (well I am done with it now) but I have such a hard time staying away from carbs and sugars. I try to have them very little, but it seems like that is what I crave. Like you said up above, I am HUNGRY all the time. But you said you still don't eat sugar or carbs. Do you have any suggestions on things you do eat to not feel so "empty" about missing out on the carbs? I feel like my whole day is a battle in my head with what I should eat and not eat. Its so frustrating, especially when I have worked hard to get weight off and now its just this much harder.Sometimes I just want a doughnut or a peanut butter sandwich ya know! Any way, any helpful suggestions would be great. Like you, I have gone back to working out hard core. I have the energy for it and am right back up in my strength, but I still really struggle throughout the day with the carbs thing. I am nervous I am going to undo all my hard work :( Please e-mail me at val_hart@yahoo.com or ust post on your blog because I will check again. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete