Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Questions!!!

Hi, I just came across your blog. I am having a super hard time on maintenance (well I am done with it now) but I have such a hard time staying away from carbs and sugars. I try to have them very little, but it seems like that is what I crave. Like you said up above, I am HUNGRY all the time. But you said you still don't eat sugar or carbs. Do you have any suggestions on things you do eat to not feel so "empty" about missing out on the carbs? I feel like my whole day is a battle in my head with what I should eat and not eat. Its so frustrating, especially when I have worked hard to get weight off and now its just this much harder.Sometimes I just want a doughnut or a peanut butter sandwich ya know! Any way, any helpful suggestions would be great. Like you, I have gone back to working out hard core. I have the energy for it and am right back up in my strength, but I still really struggle throughout the day with the carbs thing. I am nervous I am going to undo all my hard work :( Please e-mail me at (edited for privacy) or ust post on your blog because I will check again. Thanks so much :)

First of all- Thanks for stopping by! I'm always happy to have new followers! Yeah, carbs are the devil. No, just kidding- but they are a tricky little thing. For me, the key is to find "carb like items" that fill you up. Like the carbqick that I have mentioned before. There is a lot of fiber in that so it really sticks with you for a while. And only 2 net carbs. So as an example of my day I will start with 3-4 carbquick pancakes (made with egg whites & sugarfree hazelnut coffee mate) and turkey sausage. total carbs: about 5... Then for lunches I have been having cheese crisps using L/C torillas (Santa Fe makes a l/c flour tortilla that is to die for & only 4 net carbs!) with 2% cheese on top. You can add chicken, maybe some sour cream, salsa, whatever. It's so good! Sometimes I'll eat a salad or a "un-which" from Jimmy Johns (sandwich using lettuce leaves instead of bread!) And for dinners kind of the same things. I like to have turkey peperoni with 2% cheese (kinda like a pizza) and I have also found L/C bread. Most of the L/C items I have found have been online- although I did find the tortillas at the grocery store. Don't forget that you can have some fruits and veggies too. Jump online and google low carb fruits or veggies. I don't know what I did before "google!" Hang in there. And don't think of it as "being on a diet" but rather making lifestyle changes. It will get easier. Find a few little "sugar free treats" to get you through the rough spots! Like Jello w/whipped cream topping and s/f candies! Good luck! Keep up the great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment