Monday, February 9, 2009

Can you say STRESS?

Oh my gosh. I am just so stressed out right now! I just sat through Pres. Obama's speech and I am stressed out! I just worry that the economy is going to get worse before it gets better and I fear for our business and employees. Anyway- because of that I keep finding myself lingering near the pantry. Don't worry, I am not eating anything that has sugar or starches but it's been one of those days where I know I've eaten too much.

My day did start out GREAT though. My baby daughter woke up at 5 (which sucks) but I ended up just getting up and going to work out with my BFF (who is a personal trainer) from 6:15-8! It was GREAT! I absolutely LOVE having my workout over with and done for the day by 8! The downfall? I've been so hungry all day! I think it's cause we hit the weights big time this morning and worked shoulders & quads (which is a major muscle group). But like I said, I didn't eat anything w/sugar or starches but probably too much none the less.

Yesterday I did a steak day. I was pretty hungry all day but was rewarded with a fat juicy steak from Texas Roadhouse. I plan on doing a steak day every Sunday as it's the only day that I don't workout. I did a steak day last Monday and thought i was going to DIE when I did my workout. Literally. Thought I was going to die so I won't do that again.

Gotta go- baby girl is so grumpy tonight!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I don't want you to be discouraged by my post but I do want to be truthful as to how I feel as far as P3 goes. First of all- I have really started hitting the weights every morning at 6AM with my BFF who is a personal trainer which as a result has increased my appetite (naturally, that's just what happens) It has also caused my muscles to be extremely sore! And like I said in the post, sore muscles mean water retention (which is the main reason I haven't weighed)... My BFF (trainer) said DO NOT WEIGH! She told me just to go by how my pants are fitting. If things are starting to get tight or if I can tell I'm gaining then cut back on some of the fats/artificial sweeteners if you can. So to be honest with you- No, I don't think it's "realistic" to think that you are going to stay at your lowest weight once you start increasing your calories/activity level but that doesn't mean that you are going to gain FAT back. I was down to a weight that I hadn't seen in many moons. Seriously. and I KNOW that my body couldn't realistically maintain that weight. I was about 8 lbs below where my body is "comfortable"... so yeah, if I really wanted to live on 1200 calories a day and fight my body I could probably maintain that but when I'm working out as hard as I am I can't expect that from my body. I am OK to continue the No sugar/no starch, that doesn't bother me, but I can't live a happy life and be so strict. So for me, it's less important to watch a # on the scale and more important that I'm fueling my body, pushing myself in the gym, gaining strength and endurance and maintaining my size.

    Now- I hope that answered all your questions. Oh, yes- if you have maintained for 2 days, I would do an apple day. Don't drink water unless you absolutely have to and eat up to 6 apples in a day.

    Good luck! Keep up the great work and let me know if you have any more questions or concerns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your answers and time. You're a great support! I know hard to believe but I have taught aerobics for 17 years so I should know all of that, it's just always hard to believe when it's your body. and you want to be skinny so bad you can taste it. I did pretty good after my first few babies but after the last two I didn't lose all the weight knowing that I would just gain it all back. After 6 kids I know that I am finally done so know I can get serious and get the body that I want to live with for the rest of my life. Good job on working out so hard! I do walk on the treadmill but I thought that I would wait until I got to my goal weight to do any kind of lifting or resistance training. Because I can't handle the scale going up and down. Would you suggest waiting or do you wish you had done something different while you were losing? I do feel kind of flabby so it worries me that I am losing muscle. Did you? How much did you lose on your first phase? And one more question how often did you drink the Smooth move tea? Again thanks for you great posts that are so entertaining and your support. Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind found it. 15 pounds. Way to go:) I am doing the 45 day and I have 9 days left.

    ReplyDelete