Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Scaling Back-

So I KNOW that you are "supposed to weigh every day" during P3 but lets face it, all my personalities can't handle the stress of daily weigh ins! i have been fluctuating about 1-2 lbs so I've made an executive decision that I am going to scale back on the weigh ins. Maybe once a week.

P3 is going well. I think. I am doing the low carb thing. Trying to stay under 30-40 carbs a day. This morning I made low carb pancakes with my CARBQUICK (like bisquick but like 12 times more expensive, yikes!) and they were SOOO GOOOD! My 4 yr old daughter snarfed them up too! W/a little butter and sugar free syrup (which btw gives me a stomach ache like 4 hours later) they are so yummers!

Another reason for scaling back on the weigh ins is the fact that I have started lifting weights again. And I KNOW that I haven't put on 2 lbs of muscle in 4 days but here's a fascinating fact that I was not aware of: Muscle retains water while it repairs itself from trauma (lifting weights/exercise) If your muscle is sore then that is a good indication that it is retaining water in effort to repair and build itself. Helloooo---- My muscles are SO SORE! I made the mistake of thinking I could pick up where I left off 3 months ago... I was wrong. And PS the HCG diet claims it 'only burns fat and you don't lose muscle'. I'm going to have to call BS on that. I have definitely lost some muscle. But I'll get it back. I'm trying not to get too frustrated at the gym but I am certainly not as strong as i was when i started the HCG diet.

I took all my "after" measurements today and was pleasantly surprised with the results. I'll post all the #s in the next day or 2.

Plan of action: continue livin' la vida low carb! Lifting weights/cardio 5 xs a week, keeping my skitso self off the scale for a few days and paying more attention to the measurements/way my clothes fit not so much the # on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment