Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another day down...

Well, after a rough apple day yesterday I was back down the .6 I had been up. So that's good I guess. Even Steven. I'm kind of just sober about the whole diet today. So you'll forgive me if I keep today's update brief.

Stress is playing a huge part of my mood today. This afternoon when I got home from work my nanny let me know that she will be quiting in 2 weeks. Which is a whole stressful thing in itself. And tomorrow we have to tell all of our employees at work that they will be getting 10% pay cuts effective immediately. So, I know this isn't really diet related but I think stress ultimately really effects your overall spirit, mood and motivation when doing such a strict diet. Don't get me wrong- I've not fallen off the wagon or cheated at all but I just don't have the upbeat spirit and mood that I usually have.

I took a few minuets for myself this afternoon and sat in the steam room at the gym but all that did was leave me alone with my thoughts. Thoughts that tend to be on the negative side these days. I just wish I knew how to fix everything- And I don't know how to fix anything these days.

But Tonight I pray for our new President and his family. I can't imagine the pressure and stress that will greet him in the morning. I pray he can keep a positive attitude and make some much needed changes to this great country that we live in. I pray also for this country. I pray for peace and love and prosperity. There are so many people struggling to keep their heads above water and everyone (struggling or not) needs help. We have to help. We have to help each other and we have to help ourselves. We need leadership and guidance but we have to be responsible for ourselves and our actions. God bless this great country and help us remember how far we've come. Help us get to where we need to be.

goodnight and godbless you and your family

No comments:

Post a Comment