Thursday, January 22, 2009

Opps! Did I miss a day?

Sorry- my laptop was in the shop yesterday and didn't get a chance to update you all with my progress. I was down .4 yesterday morning and down another .8 this morning. For all you math wizards, that puts me at a whopping 1 POUND AWAY FROM MY GOAL!!! HOLY SMOKES! I am really excited about that!

Another great thing is today I wore my tinniest pants to work. Old Navy size 6 (with NO stretch in them.) Best part? I can pull them down without even having to unbutton them- I don't think I've ever been able to do that. It feels great to know that I can go into my closet and grab ANYTHING and KNOW that it's going to fit! Nothing TASTES better than THAT! Am I right?

I've also begin to suspect that I may be insulin resistant. I began taking Metformin today and it might just be mental (lord knows I'm "mental!") but I was NOT hungry this afternoon. I usu sally get really hungry after I eat my first meal- and then continues throughout the day. I am really hoping this to be the answer for my diet struggles. My mother started taking it a few months ago and her cravings for sweets and breads have all but disappeared. Food isn't as appealing to her now that she doesn't have irrational "food swings!" & Cravings! Insulin resistance runs in my family and some have gone onto have diabetes as well. And not only that I remembered last night that I had gestational diabetes towards the end of my pregnancy which also puts me at risk for insulin resistance. Anyway- I have all the classic symptoms.

So that's all for now. I'm hoping to be down another POUND tomorrow but I know that's not going to happen... baby steps. I have about 6 more shots (8 more days of diet) and then I move to maintenance. Really looking forward to some yummers breakfasts!

I'm hanging in there! "I'm doing the work! I'm baby stepping!" (name that movie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment